Summer Issue of 'Classical Guitar' Now Available June 03 2015
In our latest issue of Classical Guitar we continue to explore the fascinating world of the classical guitar. The Summer 2015 issue is full of fantastic guitar players, luthiers, composers, instruments, history, playing tips, reviews, and so much more.
Here's what the Summer 2015 issue has in store for you:
- 2015 Grammy Award-winning guitarist Jason Vieaux talks about his recent CD with harpist Yolanda Kondonassis, and about today’s guitar students.
- A Special Focus includes articles on three contemporary luthiers—Gioachino Giussani of Italy, Pete Beer of the UK, and the Pimentel family of the USA.
- Classical Guitar magazine’s founder Maurice Summerfield reflects on his life in music
- The St. Louis Classical Guitar Society's devotion to guitar education
- A nice chunk of this issue is devoted to Jaoquin Rodrigo. In his regular “Momentito” column, Graham Wade, author of the definitive English-language biography of Rodrigo, shares some of his deep knowledge about how
Concierto de Aranjuez came to be. Our editor, Blair Jackson speaks with contemporary guitarists David Russell, Xuefei Yang, and Miloš Karadalgic about Aranjuez. Then, a real treat, as our Rodrigo section is topped off by a warm reminiscence from the great guitarist/composer Angel Romero about their close friendship.
PLUS: An interview with Christopher Parkening about his long career and the International Guitar Competition that bears his name; the rise of female flamenco guitarists; Córdoba’s new F7 Paco guitar; reviews of classical guitar CDs, sheet music, and live performances; five wrist and hand stretches for guitarists; new products; and more.